Well this is the last week of classes and all I have on my mind is the summer. I love summer. The hot days, bright sun and enjoying not having to study for tests. But for most university students, summer means work. Get a job to make enough money to last for the upcoming year. So that’s my plan for the summer, to work. But I think everyone needs to spend the summer doing things that they like to do. So for today’s item: You are to have one amazing summer where you’re not stressed out and you do all the things you enjoy.
If you can’t think of things to do during the summer, I say remember back to when you were a kid and what did you like to do in the summertime? Here’s a list of things that I want to do this summer.
1. Go on roadtrips
2. Go camping
3. Slip ‘n Slide down in my backyard
4. Meet new people
5. Reconnect with old friends
6. Laugh often
7. Dance in the rain
8. Have an amazing time in Brazil
9. Go to the States
10. Eat ice cream everyday
11. Spend time with my family
12. Go to camp
13. Play football in the park
14. Help other people
15. Talk late into the night
16. Watch the sunrise
17. Chase after the ice cream truck
18. Suntan, not burn
19. Learn a new skill
20. Pick wildflowers
21. Play on hoodoos in Drumheller
22. Enjoy the outdoors
23. Not worry about the future
24. Fall asleep in a hammock
25. Visit an ocean
26. Have breakfast with my girls
27. Go 10 pin bowling
28. Make an impact in someone’s life
29. Become better at drama
30. Have the most amazing summer of my life.
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be a hamster rolling around in a giant ball? I don’t know about you, but I have. And well your curiosity can be seized because someone has created such a ball for humans! It’s called Zorbing. What is zorbing? Well what it is, is a person gets into a huge plastic ball and basically rolls down a hill.
Now there are two types of zorbing.
1. Bungee Zorb: This is where you are attached to the edge of the ball and you roll down the hill circling along with the ball. This may sound like it would hurt because you may be hitting the ground. This isn’t the case because the zorb actually consists of a smaller ball inside or a larger ball. You are attached to the side of the inner ball meaning that you never actually touch the ground.
2. Hydro Zorb: This is the zorb that I actually did. This is where they fill the inside of the inner ball with a few inches of water and you sit inside the inner ball and roll down the hill. The effect of this one is more like going down a water-slide. You actually do not get flipped upside down or anything like that. For this type of zorb you can actually have up to 3 people inside the zorb at a time.
This is an amazing invention and seriously everyone should try this because it’s not only fun, but also it’s for those people who are too scared to do the more extreme sports.
Where can you do this? I personally did it in Rotorua, New Zealand, but there are ones found in Australia, Ireland, and the United States.
Here is a video of a person doing a Hydro Zorb.